Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bighorn Sheep Card


When I was asked to design cards inspired by animals, conservation and national parks by Groundswell Greetings, I knew that I had to draw some bighorn sheep! 

Here's closer look:

Here's the preliminary drawing:
Do you see what I changed?


The closest I have come to seeing a bighorn sheep in person is the diorama at the Academy of Natural Sciences here in Philly, but I've spent LOTS of time looking. 

I know I've been near sheep... I've even seen their tracks in snow on Mount Washburn in Yellowstone, but I haven't been able to spot them.  My boyfriend Zack and I have seen lots of signs like this:



But still no sheep sightings!

Here's just a few of the places I've tried:

Arches National Park... Hey look! Sheep!

Zack looking in Canyonlands National Park



Bighorn National Forest... that's me, not sheep

Bighorn National Forest... they've got to be here!

Baronette Peak, Yellowstone. No Sheep, but we saw mountain goats

Mount Washburn, Yellowstone. We saw sheep prints in the snow

Death Canyon, Grand Teton National Park. I looked at these rocks with binoculars for ages!

Death Canyon, Grand Teton National Park. I'd seriously live here if I were a sheep.

I know I'll see them someday! I just have to take more trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...