Sunday, December 11, 2011

Illustration Friday: Separated

Hibernating fox, pen, watercolor & acrylic ink on watercolor paper, 7 x 10", 2011.
This hibernating fox is separated from the winter weather; he's snuggled up in his warm burrow.

Here's a close up of the fox since it didn't photograph so well:
I hope everyone is staying warm too! It hasn't snowed in Philadelphia since late October, but it's finally gotten cold enough again for some of the white stuff.


Update! (1/6):
 Here is a nice scanned version... the colors are much better than my photos:
Look for prints soon!

21 comments:

  1. This was a great idea for "separated"! I'm loving your illustrations and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god...I want himmmm <3 Can I name him!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the composition, color and subject. Very nicely done.

    That is one cozy fox. A fantastic mr. fox, I dare say. Wes Anderson would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please please start making prints. pretty please?? :) i would totally pay you money for this. it's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Emily: What's his name??
    Gretchen: Maybe I'll be set up late January/ early February??
    Mr Pingk: I'd rather make Roald Dahl proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, there's a girl who lives in S. Philly that does have a pet fox... ARE YOU HER?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I want in life is a pet fox! This is adorable and cosy and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this a lot. Wish I could be a fox and hibernate :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely warm yellow, great texture, wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely fox... sweet and beautiful colours....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara,

    This is gorgeous. What a wonderful feeling you've created. Great design and colour.

    Take care,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so great! The colors are beautiful...very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...