Friday, January 13, 2012

Bethan Juliff Knitwear for Amelia's Mag

Bethan Juliff Detail
This week, I worked on an illustration of a beautiful Bethan Juliff knit gown for Amelia's Magazine. It was a challenge for me because I had one day (Thursday) to complete it. I'm not used to that kind of turn around time, but I figured it would be a good exercise for me.

My original illustration is below. When I resized it for Amelia's mag, I lost a lot of the detail, and cropped the image. I ended up liking the cropped image better than my original!
Bethan Juliff, graphite, watercolor and gouache on watercolor paper, 14 x 11", 2012.
  
I need to learn to s-i-m-p-l-i-f-y and edit!

See the full Bethan Juliff article here.

PS: I got with the times and signed up for twitter! Follow me @SarahRyanDraws

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...