Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Illustration Friday: Beginner

Ciao, pen and watercolor on watercolor paper, 9 x 9", 2011.
I skipped two Illustration Fridays in a row!  Although, this one could really count as two;  this week's theme is "beginner", and last week's was "lesson".  See?  I got it covered!

I am definitely a beginner when it comes to learning languages.  I am always impressed by the artists from other countries who participate in Illustration Friday and can comment on everyone's posts in whatever language the poster speaks.  I comment in English every time... sooo unsophisticated.

The girl in my illustration is taking one of those audio beginner lessons in Italian.  I'm trying (slowly) to learn Italian too with a program from the library called Mango.  It works for about a month, and then I forget everything and have to start again!

6 comments:

  1. Wow...
    Each new post here is better than the last!
    That should not even be technically possible.
    Keep at it little sis, I really look forward to seeing what's next on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! Your illustrative style is very good…I love the line work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys!

    John: Whenever I'm not sure about a drawing you seem to like it!

    Sandra: Thanks! I really like the hat illustrations on your blog!

    Zack: Is that grammatically correct?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way your strong lines contrast with the watercolour.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...